Lost & Found Property
Items are left in our cabs almost daily. When leaving our cabs, please be sure to check the seats and floor board for all of your property.
The Lost and Found Office matches lost property with daily lost property reports, and inspects lost property for information that can facilitate return to its owner.
In the event you think you left something in one of our cabs, we want to help. The sooner we hear from you, the easier it will be to track down your misplaced item. Items found by our drivers are returned to our dispatch office for the property owner to claim. Be sure to note the cab number each time you enter or exit a vehicle. Date, time and drop-off location are also very important pieces of information that will help expedite the recovery of your lost item.
To determine if your item was located, please file a lost property inquiry by sending us an email at email@example.com with the following information:
- A description of the lost property. Please tell us as much information as possible about the item.If the item is a cellular telephone, please include:
- The model of your phone
- Mobile number
- Any unique identifier such as a protective cover
- Your contact details (Name, phone number, email address)
- Incident Details (Pick up / Drop off Location – cab number if known)
- Date / Time
If an item is turned in matching the description, you will be contacted for further information.
To claim lost cash, the claimant must provide an accurate description of the container in which it was found and/or the correct amount.
If the cash remains unclaimed but the owner’s identity is known (through identification cards in a wallet, for example).
Retrieving lost property
- You must provide a picture ID to retrieve the item in person.
- Bluff City Taxi will mail small items such as keys, small cell phones, etc. via regular mail.
- Optionally our driver will deliver them for the cost of cab fare from our office to the location requested.
- Large items can either be picked up at our office or we will deliver them for the related cab fare.
- Lost Items Are Kept Only a Limited Time
- We are not able to keep lost items for an extended period of time so it is important to contact us as soon as possible if you suspect your property was left in one of our cabs. We will retain any found item for up to 30 days. Passports are returned to the State Department.